Monday, December 1, 2014

Deck the Hulls with Bows of Jolly - Captain Daniel (Dano) Quinn Returns to Lead December 10 Song Circle!

Climb aboard with award-winning storyteller Captain Daniel (Dano) Quinn as he leads us in song and maybe spins one of his colorful and original seafaring yarns, collected over 30+ years at sea!
When asked to share his bio with us, Dano writes, "I was born at a very young age, in fact I was an infant at the time, to two parents; my Mother & Father... I grew up in Mystic, CT. I fell in the water while crabbing when I was 5 years old and never came back out! I'm a licensed Captain of both sail and motor vessels and have been working aboard ships for over 30 years. The first half of my career was all in tall ships so I come by my shanty singing honestly. I'm also a story teller with a unique spin. I recite original humorous sea stories in ballad style. I've performed at the Fisher Poets Gathering in Astoria for the past 6 years, I've won the Seattle Maritime Festival "Stories of the Sea" Contest 4 times, and have also won the Northwest Folklife Festival Liar's Contest."
For more about Dano Quinn, here's the link to a recent article about Dano on Three Sheets Northwest by Deborah Bach: Salty stories and tall tales on Dano Quinn CD.

Please share this link and flyer with your family and friends. Holidays are a busy time, so be sure to save this date, Wednesday, December 10 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30ish p.m. to join us at the Northwest Maritime Center (upstairs) for a fun and festive gathering. Please bring your favorite holiday finger foods and sweet treats to enjoy with hot cider, coffee and tea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment